JavaOne-S313771-Versioning Strategies for Service-Oriented Architectures26 Sep 2010
Presentations, JavaOne, The-Web-of-Services, SOA-Tips, SOA-Blueprints
Presentation Slide Deck
Presented a technical session at JavaOne 2010 that proposes architecturally innovative solutions for designing and solving version challenges.
|Venue||JavaOne 2010, The Parc 55 San Fransisco, Cyril Magnin III , San Fransisco, CA.|
|Date & Time||Thursday, September 23, 2010, 11:00AM to 12:00PM|
|Session Title||Versioning Strategies for Service-Oriented Architectures|
|Session Abstract||Business changes force evolution of service contracts and business processes. Iterative project lifecycles require versioning support. Bug fixes or additional requirements force newer versions to be deployed.
There are many challenges in versioning support:
* Which contract version to use?
* Which implementation version to use?
* How can multiple versions coexist?
* How to hot-deploy newer versions without affecting existing instances?
* How to route messages to the appropriate version of the instance?
* How and when to migrate existing instances to newer deployed versions?
* How to solve additional challenges due to correlating services?
This session will propose architecturally innovative solutions for designing and solving version challenges.
|Track||Enterprise Service Architectures and the Cloud|
|Speaker(s)||Gopalan Suresh Raj, Sun Microsystems Inc; Kiran Bhumana, eBay, Inc.|